Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rams for top 3

Woodlands Wellington head coach Salim Moin have declare that he was setting his squad a goal of finishing in the top three in the 12-team S.League.

That kind of finish was achieved only three times in the club’s history, the last occasion coming in 2005, yet Salim seemed confident as he spoke of the upcoming season.

“As head coach of this club, I am very pleased to say that this year will be a better year for Woodlands,” noted the 51-year-old.

“We have signed some very quality players for the team. If you see from the expressions of my players, they are very excited, and we want to be in a better position than last year.

“I’m a very bold and outspoken person, and I think the players I have selected this time will finish much better than last year, maybe somewhere in the top three. I have confidence in the team, and the players have confidence in me.

“If we aim for anything less than the top three, our players might be lazy and won’t work so hard. But I’m not going to put pressure on my team; they know what they are looking at, and their minds are on playing football, nothing else.”

The 2013 campaign marks Salim’s second in charge of Woodlands, having moved to the club from Balestier Khalsa at the start of 2012.

No comments: