SAFFC and Lions defender Daniel Bennett welcomed the face-off with, expected winner of the first round encounter against Chinese Taipei, Malaysia.
He said: "We will beat Malaysia. If this is the team that played in the Suzuki Cup, we will destroy them - 100 per cent."
I agreed and that the Lions has more than a decent chance but we need Qiu Li for this one.
Before the last Suzuki Cup started, I had moaned the lost of the then-Tampines Rovers, and now Home United, forward and sadly, my concern that the Lions cannot cope without him came true.
The 29-year-old is, in my view, now the perfect forward as he has good touches, can hold the ball, bring in his teammates into ball and most importantly is a forward who can score.
With Qiu, the Lions can score and like I always say, goals win matches.
India U17 women defeat Philippines
-
NEW DELHI: The India U17 women’s team defeated Philippines 2-0 in the
second closed-door friendly match at the Vagator Football Ground in Anjuna,
Goa, o...
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment