Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bacina accept decision

He might have only been dismissed on Tuesday, but former Tampines Rovers coach Nenad Bacina appears to be taking things well.

The Croatian reiterated that it was just the way things worked in this business.

“This is something which is common in football,” Bacina began.

“There is no purpose in thinking too much, and I have to accept things. Maybe I feel sorry that I had no affinity to win the league [with Tampines], but we won the Charity Shield.”

Bacina said that he accepted the pressure that would come with the job when he agreed to take charge of the defending champions at the start of the season, but admitted it was still a bit of a shock for him when he received the call on Tuesday afternoon.

“Of course I was surprised because I was in preparations [for the next game], but I accept [the decision],” he recalled.

“I haven’t spoken to the players [because I was] recommended not to come down [to training] yesterday, but I will try to find a way to meet the players.”

The 42-year-old is in the midst of packing his things and will likely fly back home to Croatia in a week’s time, but did not rule out the possibility of coaching in the region again, including at former club Hougang United.

“I will try to find another job because there is no point crying [over what has happened] and I have to move on,” Bacina said.

“In Croatia I have no option [to coach as yet]. Over here, there is some interest. I’ll try to stay in the region [Southeast Asia].

“Of course, it is difficult to finalise some things at the moment. I'm waiting for some calls, I’ll see how [it works out].  These things happen all the time and I will consider any offer [that comes my way].”

No comments: