As S-league resume and after a month of actions, here are my predictions for the week ahead
Balestier Khalsa vs Albirex Niigata (S)
- The Tigers have more than a decent chance against the White Swans with the Japanese team, rebuilding once again, looking vulnerable this season. The Tigers have got 2 Brazilians upfront and they looked a decent pairing so goals should not be a problem. Tigers to win 2-0.
Tampines Rovers vs Young Lions
- The Stags are too strong for the Cubs so the only thing that matter will be scoreline. With Duirc and Qiu Li, the Stags will get back their attack which they solely missed in the League Cup against against Woodlands Wellington. Give any of those chances to either of them and they scored. Stags to win 2-0
Etoile FC vs Woodlands Wellington
- A meeting of the League Cup Finalists and the French side will be heavily fancied but I believed the Rams defence give them a chance and if they finally get Abdelhadi Laakkad his strike partner, who know. A draw score of 1-1.
Geylang United vs Beijing Gouan
- I want to believe the Eagles can win so that their morale is boasted going into the AFC Cup but at this moment they are not scoring much as well as not conceding much. It looked like another slow start to their season once again; like the previous few seasons. A goalless draw could be on the card.
Home United vs Etoile FC
- The French first true test with no disrespect to the sides Etoile meet beforehand but Home United are one of the standard bearer of the S-league Big 3. With 8 National players and 1 ex-Korean international in their ranks as well as not forgetting players like Peres - 2003 S-league player of the Year - and Hiek - 2009 S-league Player of the Year - they will expose the French side as 1 of the thing I wrote before was I am not impressed with Etoile keeper. It could come down to which side will shut out the other in such a match and that mean I go with Home. 3-1 to the Home team.
Singapore Football Week Overlooks Singapore Football - Apparently this is Singapore Football Week. Intrigued, I went to the Football Association of Singapore website to learn more about this and guess what? Not...
1 hour ago