Friday, April 1, 2011

We can beat Malaysia

SAFFC and Lions defender Daniel Bennett welcomed the face-off with, expected winner of the first round encounter against Chinese Taipei, Malaysia.

He said: "We will beat Malaysia. If this is the team that played in the Suzuki Cup, we will destroy them - 100 per cent."

I agreed and that the Lions has more than a decent chance but we need Qiu Li for this one.

Before the last Suzuki Cup started, I had moaned the lost of the then-Tampines Rovers, and now Home United, forward and sadly, my concern that the Lions cannot cope without him came true.

The 29-year-old is, in my view, now the perfect forward as he has good touches, can hold the ball, bring in his teammates into ball and most importantly is a forward who can score.

With Qiu, the Lions can score and like I always say, goals win matches. 

No comments: